The Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy Foundation is dedicated to educating the public regarding the nature of psychopathy and its cost to individuals and society.
We seek to support the families and victims of those with psychopathy.
We support research that aims to: prevent or minimize the development of psychopathic traits, reduce the impact of psychopathic traits, and understand and treat the aftermath of psychopathy. Our ultimate goal is to reduce the negative impact of psychopathy on the families and victims of psychopathic individuals.
In 2015, we received $1218.51 in revenue. Our revenue came primarily from other donations (78%), which included new fundraising initiatives such as Employee Givings Programs, Escript, and the Paypal Giving Fund. The remaining 22% of our revenue came from member donations.
In 2015, our total expenses were $ 1470.59. Sixty-seven percent were incurred in administration and overhead, including Board of Directors Insurance, maintenance of our P.O. Box, and governmental reporting fees . Website development accounted for 32% and fundraising accounted for less than 1% of our total expenses.
Aftermath Foundation Awards
Call for nominations for the Aftermath: Surviving Psychopathy Foundation Awards
The Aftermath Foundation Board of Directors has established two awards to recognize contributions by both the media and researchers to the understanding of psychopathy and its impact on victims. Members and researchers are encouraged to submit nominations! Deadline for submitting nominations is May 31st of each calendar year.
Described as a set of personality traits that are socially aversive, the Dark Triad – psychopathy, narcissism, and Machiavellianism – underlies a series of detrimental behaviors, including manipulation, self-centeredness, and deception. Even at subclinical levels, these dark personalities are associated with considerable social, emotional, financial, and even physical harm.