- What information we collect about you;
- What choices you have about your information;
- How we use your information;
- How and with whom we may share the information we have about you;
- How we protect your information; and
- How to contact us with questions or concerns.
Information Collected About You
We do not collect “Personal Information” about you – such as your name, address, telephone number, email address – when you look at material on the Aftermath Foundation website. However, access to some Aftermath Foundation material (including the Aftermath Foundation Forum) is limited to users who have Registered or become a Member.
When you Register to use The Aftermath Foundation forum we collect a username and email address. If you donate money to The Aftermath Foundation, or become a Member, we may also collect your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We also collect “Personal Information” about you in the following ways:
- When you update an existing profile on our web site;
- When you sign-up for newsletters, downloads, or other communications or make purchases from or make donations to The Aftermath Foundation; or
- When you participate in an online survey.
We may collect “Non-Personal Information” – information that cannot be used to identify you – via Cookies, even if you have not registered with or provided any Personal Information to The Aftermath Foundation.
What Choices Do You Have?
Most browser software can be set to reject Cookies, and you may be able to opt out of Cookies by modifying your browser settings.
How Information Collected About You Is Used
The Aftermath Foundation may use information collected about you to:
- Administer your account;
- Provide you with access to particular tools and services;
- Respond to your inquiries and send you administrative communications;
- Obtain your feedback on our sites and our offerings;
- Statistically analyze user behavior and activity;
- Conduct internal research and measurement activities.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
The Aftermath Foundation will not disclose any Personal Information about you unless specifically agreed to by you or:
- To comply with legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; and
- In special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others.
The Aftermath Foundation does not make your Personal Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes.
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
We have put in place technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect the Personal Information that we collect.
All of our staff and volunteers are familiar with our policies and practices. The Personally Identifiable Information of our registrants, members, donors or customers to our store is only accessible to a limited number of qualified staff and volunteers who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable for any such occurrences.
Contact the Aftermath Foundation by sending an email to